Secure Datacentre Specification
For some customers, the deciding factor when choosing a hosting partner, comes down to the Data Centre facility in which their infrastructure will be managed. This page gives a briefing of some key security components that make a great Data Centre.
GodsWeb operates from multiple datacentre locations in and around London. Our primary facility, is conveniently located close to the M1 and M25, set within a secure private 50,000 sq ft compound. The datacentre boasts true enterprise specification with redundancy at every level of its design.
Right at the very heart of our operation, are our staff. The people who manage the day to day running of your account, your website servers and the overall infrastructure are 100% UK based and UK trained.
- Dual dedicated 11,000V (HV) connections via diverse feeders in private ducts and with private HV substation.
- N+1 diesel stand-by generators with continuous fuel arrangement.
- N+1 diverse uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems
- During utility power outages the facility will run uninterrupted from UPS and generator power sources.
- Generator systems are subject to bi-weekly start up test and monthly service visits.
- Power feeds are fully conditioned for surge suppression.
- Dual fibre entry through dedicated private ducts to comms rooms on both sides of the building.
- Resilient (diverse) dark fibre connectivity to London.
- Further network POPs located in Telecity Sovereign House and Telehouse North datacentres.
- 100% Juniper core routing equipment with HP switching hardware.
- Dual network drops to each rack, no single point of failure.
- Undersold network running at less than 50% bandwidth capacity.
- View our network and connectivity page for information on bandwidth providers.
- N+1 high efficiency packaged chillers with high efficiency chilled water pump sets.
- 10MW chiller capacity maintains constant optimal 22C data floor temperature.
- Latest contained 'hot aisle' design for high efficiency server cooling.
- 1 metre false ceiling void for hot-air return to down flow units.
- Quarterly service visits with checks of CRAC units, chillers, pumps and pipework.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) protection.
- FM200 (inert gas) fire suppression systems.
- Double knock zoned fire detection system.
- BMS monitoring of fire alarm, VESDA and gas suppression systems.
- Quarterly service visits with full smoke test.
- Annual room seal integrity tests.
- 3m rota-spike security fence and perimeter anti ram barriers.
- Blast proof anti-intruder shielded external windows and doors.
- Proximity access locks on all external and internal doors.
- Interlocked man-trap doors with biometric iris scanners to gain access into data floors.
- Server cabinets have locked doors (we don’t use open racks).
- Perimeter and internal IP CCTV system monitored 24x7.
- 24x7 on-site security guards with static and mobile patrols.
- 24x7 on-site qualified technical systems engineers.
- Technical support offices on-site at the facility for faster and more reactive support.
- All on-site personnel are security vetted to BS7858 standard.
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility.
- We always seek to minimise the energy that our operations consume, without compromise.
- Facility audited and certified to ISO 14001 (Environment Management) standards.
- Facility achieves a PUE figure of between 1.2 and 1.4 with class-leading efficiency.
- We utilise 100% certified, renewable green energy sourced from hydroelectric powerplants.
- Server hardware is cycled out to newer more efficient technology as it becomes available.
- Please contact us if you would like to discuss any aspect of our datacentre or hosting services.