31st Dec 2015 - 5th Jan 2016 WINDOWS SERVERS/HOSTING SWITCHED OFF
As per our email of the 16th November 2015, due to the very small and declining demand for Windows hosting we are no longer going to support this environment. We turned off our windows servers between 31st December 2015 and 5th January 2016. If you have not cancelled or moved your windows hosting to another provider, we have migrated a copy of your site to our new cPanel Unix servers. Unless we heard differently from you, we will continue with normal migration (see below). It is unlikely that your windows website will run on our new Unix platform IF it utilised ASP and access databases etc. If your site only used html then IT WILL RUN AND RUN WELL on the new servers and you simply need to follow the migration steps below as normal.
January 10th NAMESERVER CHANGES
Any domains which are still on the old ns1/ns2.christianhosts.co.uk nameservers will have their nameservers changed by us.
Your domain will then point to the new server and your new site on our new servers at. ns1/ns2.myfast.site
THIS HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETED AS OF 3PM ON SUNDAY 10th JANUARY
If your domain is registered elsewhere,
you will need to make the nameserver changes yourself with your own registrar. Do this immediately.
ns1.christianhosts.co.uk - change to ns1.myfast.site
ns2.christianhosts.co.uk - change to ns2.myfast.site
January 15th: The old servers will be switched off completely and systematically today.
LIVE: The great big switch off of is underway. 16 years of history, closing down the old servers.
12.00pm ns1.christianhosts.co.uk and ns2.christianhosts.co.uk are now disabled - COMPLETED
11.59pm access to the old mailservers, databases and web servers will teminate - COMPLETED
28th Dec 2015 - ALL CUSTOMER WEBSITES ARE ACTIVE AND LIVE ON THE NEW SERVERS
The migration steps for customers is simple:
1) Make sure you have downloaded email from the old server as per our previous emails to you during December. ie using POP.
If you have not yet done this, now that your domain is pointing at the new server, you will have to raise a support ticket for us to provide you with a temporary mailserver access address.
the old mailserver login details remain the same for each mailbox.
2) Login to your new control panel (you can do this anytime from 28th Dec 2015)
have a look around and make yourself familiar with it. Feel free to check it out on your tablet and smartphone as well :-) Impressive!!
HOW DO I LOGIN TO MY NEW HOSTING CONTROL PANEL?
3) Click on the EMAIL ACCOUNTS in the EMAIL section.
- Most accounts should find their mailboxes have been created automatically and already exist.
- If they are not there, create them immediately.
- Give each mailbox a unique password. (In most cases you will not be able to use the old passwords as these are not as secure).
- Click on the CONFIGURE MAIL CLIENT link beside each mailbox for details of email settings you need.
- If you use email forwarding, you will need to add these as well.
4) In most cases your website will appear automatically. You should allow 24-72 for dns propagation to take place across the web. This is not in our control. During this time, your website and email may appear intermittent. This is normal.
If you find your website does not show as you expected, there may be extra configuration needed.
SOLUTION STEP 1: On the new servers we run PHP 5.5 as default, but you can change the PHP version in your hosting account to suit your site scripting. Before contacting support, try this first:
SOLUTION STEP 2: If this does not resolve the issue for you, please raise a support ticket.
FINALLY If you find your website is out of date, let us know and we will do a final data sync to bring it up to date.
YOU MUST REQUEST THIS BEFORE THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE 13TH JANUARY** Final data syncs cannot be placed in the queue for updating after this date.
If at any point you need any help, do no hesitate to ask us.
Thursday, December 31, 2015